Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

3graces.com - Online Makeup, cosmetic, body products store

jrutter

Total Posts:  24

Hey all,

Just finished converting 3graces.com from an old legacy asp shopping cart system which was way overpriced and had very limited features to Magento. It was a bigger task than I expected since I knew nothing about Magento going in. There was a huge learning curve, and a lot of mistakes. But we are just about finished now, there are still some things I wished magento had like featured products - But I guess Im going to have to build that one myself.

Check it out when you get a chance!

http://www.3graces.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

isotrope

Total Posts:  14

Really nice job.
I like how everything is integrated. Nice consistency throughout. The menus look nice.

However, I’m having problems adding products to the cart. If I do and then keep browsing, the cart empties itself.
About the consistency, for the heck of it, I tried the “Email to a friend” button. The form seems to be using the default colors (same goes for login page). It clashes with the rest.  ...and your right column doesn’t seem to have enough space so falls down to the lower right (Firefox 3.0.3).
The last thing I would add is that it might be nice if the footer was always at the bottom of the screen (or lower) for pages that are “too short”.

Please understand, these are only minor nitpicks. I think you did an excellent job! Congrats!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jrutter

Total Posts:  24

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, there are a lot of things that could have been nicer. The bottom line is - the budget for this project was super small and I found as I worked, there was always more to be done than i had initially anticipated. I feel that it is a huge improvement to the old site: http://web.archive.org/web/20080104190329/http://www.3graces.com/

I just fixed the checkout and cart issues, it was going back to the old dev domain. Should be good now!

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

isotrope

Total Posts:  14

Working great, now.

I’m currently on my first build and there’s definitely a huge “One last thing” factor.
Small details are piling up like crazy. So are the hours on my invoices, which the client will like less. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

MSurya

Total Posts:  2

Your site is great and beautiful. i like you redesign the topmenu. Really outstanding

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community