Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Allowed Memory size error

Diederik

Total Posts:  20
Belgium

Hi, when I trie to install something via pear ssh I get the following error.

Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted

Is their a setting somewhere I need to change to fix this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

You can set this limit in your php.ini file for your server or it can be done in an htaccess file.

The setting your looking for is;

memory_limit

You’ll need to up this to a more appropriate value for your product catalog and server resources - I suggest starting with a value of 128M.

If you are in shared hosting you can request support for help with adjusting this setting.  If you manage your own resources you can find this file using the ‘phpinfo’ command.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aspiration Host
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Yes, 128M should be enough for you as Magento need at least 64M. However, if you are using shard hosting, be sure to contact your hosting provider about this as some host does not allow user to change any values of the .htaccess or php.ini file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Diederik

Total Posts:  20
Belgium

Thx for the info,

worked like a charm, went into the WHM of my cpanel, changed the php configuration to 128M and all works well now.

Like always it’s a small thing to change just have to know it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community