Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving product detail page image up

n20capri

Total Posts:  44
Bensalem PA

I would like to move the product image up so it’s even with the product name - currently (default theme) it’s 62 pixels lower and I don’t like it.  I’d also like the image zoom slider and “More views” thumbnail to move up with the main product image.

How do I do this?
Thanks

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Hi do you have a link to a live example? I worked off of the default theme many times and I dont notice that gap. It aligns perfectly with the product name.

Magento Community
Magento Community

n20capri

Bensalem PA

I do...it’s just a temp store right now as I learn the ropes so don’t mind the look.  smile

http://test.empx.net/magento/index.php/purses/red.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

n20capri

Bensalem PA

Hmmm looks like because it’s a horizontal image it automatically stays at the bottom of the full “zoom” window.  I uploaded a square image and it’s aligned with the product name.
http://test.empx.net/magento/index.php/purses/leather.html

Would still like to figure it out for the other image…

Magento Community
Magento Community

vij

Total Posts:  81

hi n20capri
to move the image up u have to make a little change in js file goto folder js/varien/product.js in that file line 127 repalce with this code “var centerY = (this.containerDim.height*(1-this.imageZoom)/0-this.imageY)/this.imageZoom;”

I think this will solve the problem

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community