Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

80 mega ??? 

neurone

Total Posts:  33
Paris - France

This message look like stupid, I maybe forgot something, but it’s look like a lot for the basic core ...
I still don’t check the source code and maybe I upload lot of think I am not suppose to upload ...

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

We are working on a lighter version for the download as we speak. Much of the heavy download size you encounter is the result of the dummy product images used in the showcase store being high quality picks (for eye candy).

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

Moshe - 31 August 2007 07:43 AM

We are working on a lighter version for the download as we speak. Much of the heavy download size you encounter is the result of the dummy product images used in the showcase store being high quality picks (for eye candy).

lighter version would be great. i was kinda surprised at the 58meg zip download size.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jjackson02

Total Posts:  7
Dallas, Tx

the folders “\media\catalog\product” and “media\upload\” are the heavies. Together they are 40MB and are just sample images. There are other folders of samples, but those two are the big ones. so you could slice them out and save disk space if needed.

Only thing is I haven’t uploaded it to my server yet since my FTP is down so I don’t know how it would look without those folders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I do have to admit, those high quality pics look great with the zoom tool! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community