Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Show new products for specific category

tperry

Total Posts:  33

On some of my root categories I want to include a list of the new added products to the specific category you’re looking at. I have made a static block and found this code

{{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

It does show new products however its shows the sites global new added products which aren’t necessarily within the specific category.

Is there a way to make it only show products that have been added to either the main category or its sub categories?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pscheufele

Total Posts:  2

Did you ever figure this out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tperry

Total Posts:  33

Nope afraid not would still love to know how to do it though

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

As an option you may consider Improved Sorting extension and set sorting by newest as default.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community