Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Common shopping caer for multiple stores

kfhowell

Total Posts:  1

Is it possible to have a common shopping cart for more than one store?  I want to set up two stores with completely different products but have one shopping cart so the customer only pays once.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Novusweb

Total Posts:  89
Texas

kfhowell - 11 February 2011 07:53 PM

Is it possible to have a common shopping cart for more than one store?  I want to set up two stores with completely different products but have one shopping cart so the customer only pays once.

Yes, it is possible. To allow a shopper to add items to their cart and go between each store:

1. Go to System > Configuration > Web > Session Validation Settings > Use SID on Frontend. Set this to “yes.”

2. Go to System > Configuration > Web > Url Options > Add Store Code to Urls and turn set to “yes” if you’re intending on using one shared SSL certificate.

That’s really all you should have to do, as long as both Stores are under the same Website.

Now, there are a few other things to take care of from a housekeeping point of view, though, such as emails, privacy policies, etc., so make sure you go through all applicable areas of the Admin Panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

uberjuice

Total Posts:  12

Novusweb - 23 March 2011 03:03 AM

kfhowell - 11 February 2011 07:53 PM

Yes, it is possible. To allow a shopper to add items to their cart and go between each store:

1. Go to System > Configuration > Web > Session Validation Settings > Use SID on Frontend. Set this to “yes.”

2. Go to System > Configuration > Web > Url Options > Add Store Code to Urls and turn set to “yes” if you’re intending on using one shared SSL certificate.

That’s really all you should have to do, as long as both Stores are under the same Website.

Now, there are a few other things to take care of from a housekeeping point of view, though, such as emails, privacy policies, etc., so make sure you go through all applicable areas of the Admin Panel.

Bret,

I bought your book, and didn’t see this in it.

I have the SID set to yes, and the add store codes to urls set to yes.

my set up (1 main store, 2 sub stores)

Main magento install, 2 sub directories containing just a modded index.php file (redirected to mage, and set store, and store view code)

(/* Store or website code */
$mageRunCode = isset($_SERVER[’MAGE_RUN_CODE’]) ? $_SERVER[’MAGE_RUN_CODE’] : ‘store2’;

/* Run store or run website */
$mageRunType = isset($_SERVER[’MAGE_RUN_TYPE’]) ? $_SERVER[’MAGE_RUN_TYPE’] : ‘store;)

Maybe I have my unsecure and secure urls wrong?

Main site:
Unsecure:
Base url: http://www.domain1.com
base link: {{unsecure_base_url}}

Secure:
Base url: https://www.domain1.com
base link: {{secure_base_url}}

-------

Subsite 1
Unsecure:
Base url: http://www.store2.com
base link: {{unsecure_base_url}}

Secure:
Base url: https://www.domain1.com
base link: {{secure_base_url}}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Novusweb

Total Posts:  89
Texas

First, thanks for buying the book. However, I see that you configured your Multiple Store configuration differently than described in the book. Your configuration is an alternative method, to be sure.

It looks like you’re using as Shared SSL, since you’re using the same SSL for both stores. The challenge with this is how Magento fails to pass the session ID between the domains. I posted our solution to this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/358657/

See if that helps you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simbip

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

What I need to setup is two stores : one for booking courses and the other for selling gear, both under the same website. They need to have a common cart. But during payment, the money for the course bookings needs to go to one paypal/sage pay account and the money for the gear sales needs to go to another paypal/sage pay account.

Can I set this up in magento ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community