Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Make or break - downloadable products

Carlos777

Total Posts:  1

An update on this would be appreciated. The ability to sell downloadable products will be make or break for me choosing to use Magneto - which looks great as regards all other features.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

@Carlos777

You can see (like all of Us) that the roadmap (http://www.magentocommerce.com/roadmap) says that is a future functionality.
I don’t remember, but maybe you can search into the forum. A few weeks ago someone ask about this, and Roy Rubin response that they can’t promise Us that this funcionality it’s gonna be ready for the 1.2 version.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aikighost

Total Posts:  16

Carlos I’m in exactly the same boat. I’m using the linkloc script right now (its pretty good actually), but a full e-commerce solution would be nice.

Once magento handles downloadable products I cans see it taking off as the platform of choice for the small digital product entrepreneur.

Magento Community
Magento Community

djgizmo

Total Posts:  4

i’m in the same boat.  As long as the implement it RIGHT, I’ll be a happy man smile

Even with CRE loaded, it wasn’t an easy task to set up right.  Basically you had to set the weight to 0 in order for the customer to get a free shipping page which really meant downloadable.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Downloadable products will be supported out of the box with Magento by the end of this year. Please follow the blog for updates on V 1.2.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community