Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Notifications

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

The single most powerful sales tool I have after word of mouth. I have a hacked up osC shop with the following as one of the hacks.
-My Add to Cart button switches to a mini product notification box when we’re sold out of an item.
-Product Notifications is set to send an email when stock goes from zero to anything greater announcing to each customer on the list that the item is back in stock.
-Customers come in droves and buy!

When I do major inventory updates, I have huge days. It’s an awesome and free tool. The only downside I have is that it’s tied to a customer being registered and logged into the system. It should be easier like just tossing their email address into a box and hitting a button. I’d probably get three times the number of sales since many folks won’t sign up to get notifications. It’s beyond my coding ability right now so I’ll ask to see it in Magento instead! Folks, this really is an amazing tool.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Dan,

This functionality is in the works at the moment, and will be available in the next releases.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brushwoodnursery

Total Posts:  23
Philly,PA USA

Very good, thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community