Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.4.1.1 -> 1.5 upgrade means migrations dont work as expected

slmagento

Total Posts:  1

Maybe i am doing some thing wrong, but upgraded from 1.4.1.1 to 1.5 just does not work. The migrations do not fire as expected but the core_resource table is updated. meaning there are a load of

Exception messageSQLSTATE[42S22]Column not found1054 Unknown column \\\'scope_table.website_id\\\' in \\\'on clause\\\'

and

\\\'SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column \\\'additional_table.is_visible_on_front\\\' in \\\'field list\\\'\\\'

errors. Picking through the migrations you can find the file and then revert the core_resource table to ensure it is updated but surely this is not how varien expected this to work?

I should not have to do an each version update and test as this is why there are database migrations. I also do not want to have to keep hacking the db core_resource versions to force the updates on my live site. i also do not want to have to hand craft the sql to perform the updates on the db as this is just not acceptable.

does anybody know how to ensure the migrations are run when you point the 1.5.0.1 code base at a 1.4.1.1 database?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre N

Total Posts:  186
CA

exact same problem here rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

enyceexdanny

Total Posts:  34

Flush Magento cache & Cache storage.
Go to \"indexing\", and select all then \"reindex\"

Then try again.

EDIT: I think I might’ve misread the post. So please disregard.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roberttrust

Total Posts:  2

I’m not sure, but it seems this service does the Magento-to-Magento migration www.shopping-cart-migration.com. And your store data will be transferred from the old store to the new one automatically.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community