Is anyone else having problems installing new addons using the new Magento Connect version (2.0)? I just installed the latest version, went to install my language packs using the new url\’s and i get \"Connection Error try again later.\” I tried all yesterday and today and still get the same problem. This is an example addon:
Example installation of the package market_ready_germany:
1. Checking dependencies of packages
2. Package community/Locale_Mage_community_de_DE failed: Version for \\\\\\\’Locale_Mage_community_de_DE\\\\\\\’ was not detected
3. Package community/Mage_Payone failed: Version for \\\\\\\’Mage_Payone\\\\\\\’ was not detected
4. Package community/BankPayment failed: Version for \\\\\\\’BankPayment\\\\\\\’ was not detected
5. Package community/symmetrics_trustedrating failed: Version for \\\\\\\’symmetrics_trustedrating\\\\\\\’ was not detected
6. Package community/TechDivision_Germany failed: Version for \\\\\\\’TechDivision_Germany\\\\\\\’ was not detected
7. Package community/symmetrics_cashticket failed: Version for \\\\\\\’symmetrics_cashticket\\\\\\\’ was not detected
8. Package community/Mage_Econda failed: Version for \\\\\\\’Mage_Econda\\\\\\\’ was not detected
9. Starting to download market_ready_germany-2.0.7.tgz ...
10. ...done: 1,357,658 bytes
11. Installing package community/market_ready_germany 2.0.7
12. Package community/market_ready_germany 2.0.7 installed successfully
13. Package installed:
14. community market_ready_germany 2.0.7
All Dependencies failed (was not detected)
But the package is installed! NOGO!
This is a bug see above downloader-fix-magento-126.96.36.199.zip
OK incase your German is a little rusty or you don’t like to read HERE IS THE FIX:
1) Download the downloader-fix-magento-188.8.131.52.zip
2) Install by replacing those 2 files in your download directory. just extract contents and then copy the download folder to where your download folder is on your site and say yes when asked if you want to replace both of those files.
3) Open magento connect, go to the settings tab and set Preferred State: to Beta
@Sduart and others concerned: you are not using betas so there is no reason fret. This just enables the fix to work. As far as I understand the beta option in MC just allows you from installing betas which would otherwise be blocked. As long as you are using an extension key for a stable extension then you should have no worries!
Sorry about that Mage Fox. Magento’s forums acting up. I can’t even upload files to their forum right now. It can be downloaded from SNM-Portal who has a link above. I just reposted it so that it was easier for people to find and so you would know how to use it.
Just FYI we are still troubleshooting this problem but have found that a work around posted here in the forums works as well. Remove the http:// from 2.0 extension keys. This has been tested on a few folks that have this problem and it has worked for them.
Just to be clear, this is for the “Connection Error, try again later” error discussed in this thread.