Magento Forum

How the data are pushed into the table during the checkout process. :)

nkdineshdct

Total Posts:  66
India

Hello All,

How the data are pushed into the table during the checkout process. (Billing, Shipping address, Shipping handling fee, payment method)

It is very hard to find the script where the insertion will happen. I want the same data to be inserted into my custom module table. if i find the way of inserting the data into the table, then it is very easy to insert the same data into my custom module table.

It is very urgent i need to create this ASAP. Please help me to find this. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

I semi answered this in the PM you sent me.

When an item is added to the cart, Magento creates a “Quote” object which contains info about the product. Once the person checks out, the Quote items is converted to a “Sale” item.

The best way to do what you want is slightly more complicated than you are thinking.

1) Create a custom module. This will allow you to do a few things.

2) Use Events described in the stickied post in this forum topic.

3) Your custom module will probably use a standard connection, but you’ll need to find some code example with dealing with custom data-table calls. I’m not sure about that off the top of my head.

See the thread I sent you in the PM. This one: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18081/

Hope that thread helps. I really need to write out everything I did for that…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community