Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Notes on order based on link to store

briantullio

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

New to Magento.  Here is what I am trying to do.

I want to be able to link a customer order to the group that they are affiliated with for tracking purposes.  So when a customer makes an order and that customer is part of a group, then we get some sort of indication on the order of what group they are a part of.

I was thinking about the use of coupon codes or referrer codes or something.

But, here is (I think), the more tricky part of it.  I want to have that code put in automatically based on a store link that customer clicked.

Example

- Somebody goes to groupa.website.com
- That page redirects them to the Magento store but also passes a note or variable or special code along with it.
- When the customer places the order, that note gets sent along with it so we know what group they are a part of.

Hope this was not too confusing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tullio

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community