Magento Forum

I can’t click anything! 

Freki

Total Posts:  3

I installed Magento on my website hosted on a Hostgator reseller account. I used the auto-downloader/install and all seemed to go well. I set all my permissions correctly. Now after the install, I log into the admin area and the only clickable item is the Dashboard tab. Is there something I’m missing? This is my first time using Magento, so it could be something really simple I suppose.

PS: I tried logging into the admin panel using Opera, Flock, and Chrome...all with the same results. So I don’t think it’s a browser-compatibility issue

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ayurisevic

Hi, I just installed magento and am having the same problem.  i can only click on “Dashboard” and nothing else.  Does this have anything to do with permissions?  Do I have to install the whole thing again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Freki

I think it has to do with propogating the tables with sample data....but I have no idea as no one has replied to my questions yet. Any input please???

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayurisevic

By any chance did you use the installer instead of the full release?  I used the installer and I am getting this error consistently over a couple of reinstalls.  I’m going to try using the full release this time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bccg

Total Posts:  1

I have the same problem and have concluded that the js is not being included on the page.  Since almost the entire store opperates on JavaScript calls and the library isn’t being loaded, the entire store breaks!  I’ve been searching for a solution all day and have my hosting looking into the problem as well.  I’m going to report this as a bug to magento now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ayurisevic

Hi, I tried the full release installation and the backend is fully operational now.  if you are having this problem I recommend you try using it instead of the installer.  It takes a lot longer, but at least it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Please try to change permissions on js/index.php file and js directory. Different hosts might require different permission settings on these files. You can search the forum for possible variants.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Check your js folder and see whether it has the correct permissions to function. Also take note whether your browser have Javascript enabled.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShannonCole

Total Posts:  5

I just installed the full version and everything worked perfectly.  Everything was clickable.  I changed a few minor settings and installed the blue theme extension.  closed down the site.  Now nothing is clickable and IE is showing a javascript error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShannonCole

Total Posts:  5

Freki - 01 November 2008 09:33 PM

PS: I tried logging into the admin panel using Opera, Flock, and Chrome...all with the same results. So I don’t think it’s a browser-compatibility issue

I tried IE, firefox, and chrome, on two different computers.  Using Hostgator as well.

It was working fine after the install… I suspect it has something to do with the downloader.  when I did a full release install without using the downloader it worked fine, but when I installed the theme which used the downloader, I received the error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

The downloader is know to reset certain files or permissions. It is best to check your file permissions especially the js folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Freki

Michael - 07 November 2008 05:23 AM

Please try to change permissions on js/index.php file and js directory. Different hosts might require different permission settings on these files. You can search the forum for possible variants.

This fixed my problem entirely. I simply set my permissions on the /js folder to “755” and now it works perfectly. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ozzie

Total Posts:  9

Freki - 09 November 2008 04:57 AM

Michael - 07 November 2008 05:23 AM

This fixed my problem entirely. I simply set my permissions on the /js folder to “755” and now it works perfectly. Thanks!

This fixed my issue as well now all sections are clickable and all dropdown menus are visible. Thanks for the solution.  cool smile

Cheers
Ros

Magento Community
Magento Community

daffinson

Total Posts:  2

Yes, same worked for me. Great. Spared me full install again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community