Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Scary Checkout experience / issue

davidn

Total Posts:  24

So I have my site set up to except paypal standard and google checkout. I set it up like this with the idea of eventually setting up authorize.net with an SSL certificate if everything goes well. So Tonight I tested the checkout system online with my friend on the phone. I wanted to have them go through the process with me. So we were filling out the billing information at the same time. Checkout method guest, billing information mine and on my friends computer their billing information, shipping info same as billing, shipping method usps. This is when it got strange. We both hit continue mine sent me paypal his popped back to billing info an ALL THE INFORMATION WAS MINE. What the heck. My address, my email, all of it. So I had my wife run through the same process she put something in the cart went to check out and all my information was allready there, all completely different computers !

Uh, I’m not feeling too comfortable with this. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Thanks for any help.

~David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

davidn

Total Posts:  24

I’v been looking around for a possible reason for this and have found nothing on these forums. I am wondering now if the session crossing is happing because of a cache issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community