Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

GST on International Orders

michamum

Total Posts:  124

I’m getting my store configured to send international orders.

Obviously GST is not charged on international orders, is there any setting in configuration I need to change so that GST is deducted from the price shown on the product on international orders?

I have set up an international freight amount, and I noticed that Magento had automatically deducted the GST from the delivery fee, so I’m wondering if it will do this with the products as well (I can’t see at what stage Magento does this though?)

Thanks for any insight!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Norton

Total Posts:  53

You just have to set up the tax to be calculated based on shipping address, as well as telling Magento that products have tax included, and it should work fine. I wrote some notes on these settings here: How to set up a Magento store for Australia

Magento Community
Magento Community

michamum

Total Posts:  124

Thanks Chris!

I thought as much, just needed to confirm (I have my site set up with the instructions which Fontis have suggested - which is VERY handy). 

Regarding international orders, do you have any instructions on setting up eWays Beagle Anti Fraud Solution?  I have looked through the information that eWay have documented on their website. (I have Magento version 1.4.1.1)

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community