Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal Error System>Configuration>Catalog

n8ross09

Total Posts:  6

Whenever I try to “Save Config” when managing my catalog in System>Configuration>Catalog I see the following:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/thomaski/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Type/Price.php on line 329

This only happens in this particular “Save Config” All other areas of System>Configuration>… have saved normally.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

You need to increase the PHP max execution time on your server. The page is taking to long to load, and therefore it times out. In your .htaccess, you can specify the value like this:

php_value max_execution_time 300 # increase max execution time to 300 seconds

If you are in a suPHP environment, you need to use a custom php.ini file instead. Rename the php.ini.sample in your Magento directory to php.ini, then you can set the value of max_execution_time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

spuky

Total Posts:  4

I found a few reportings of that Issue and increasing the max execution time seems not to help…

I filed a bug report so to aid developers: If you got any findings on this issue: please give feedback there:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4138

Spuky

Magento Community
Magento Community

n8ross09

Total Posts:  6

Great.... Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community