Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to make faster stock update via Magento Inventory API ? 

NoStress Commerce.

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I prepared simple script updating product stock via Magento API ( I followed this http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/doc/webservices-api/api/cataloginventory_stock_item#cataloginventory_stock_item.update and http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/32651/) and everythink works fine.

But I think is a little bit slow if I need to handle thousands of products.

Stock update of 50 products take 100 seconds.

Ok, so I try to find which queries are done during updating and I found for example this one

UPDATE  `catalogsearch_querySET  `is_processed` =  '0'
I think it’s not related to stock update, isn’t it?

Can anyone help me how to improve performance of updateing stock? How to disable all unrelated queries? etc.

Thanks,

Jaromir

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

codegreene

Total Posts:  19

I have had the same problem. We have about 2000 products in this installation and doing a full inventory update takes hours, since we have to do them one at a time.

If the API could allow sending multiple updates in one query, something like array("sku1"=>array("qty"=>300), “sku2"=>array("qty"=>221)) all at once, that would be enormously better in my opinion.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

What about doing a csv import that you could run by cron or via a quick upload?

I have one that runs via cron that imports 1500 products in a about a minute tops. But if its api, api can be rather slow, touched upon this with someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePlace

Total Posts:  50
Belarus

Hello

use the Smart stock update extension to update inventory amount in no time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nChannel
Guru

Total Posts:  329

What about using an integration solution that instantly and automatically updates inventory data for Magento?

No need to manually update inventory quantities in all your eCommerce systems. Our system will synchronize inventory as sales are made placed and fulfilled. Inventory displayed on your Magento site will always be up to date so you’re not selling items you no longer have in stock.

http://www.nchannel.com/connect-magento-2/

Darren
info@nChannel.com
1-800-406-8217

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community