Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Search shows all products

mxhash

Total Posts:  1

Hi.

At first hello to everybody. Thanks for the support and the great software. I solved 99.99% issues with the community forums!

I upgraded our existing store to 1.4.2 (new installation with old database) added our template and resolved some template and upgrade issues and everything works well.

Now we have the problem that the simple search shows all existing products. The advanced search works well.

I recreated the index, cleared caches and restored the source templates and checked the search config for the shop. No errors or exceptions thrown.

Somebody has the same problem and maybe solved wink

Kind Regards,
MX.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

afftrav

Same problem for me. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

We have also run into this problem in 1.4.1.1 with the catalog search and the advanced search pagination.

The results of a particular term produced 212 results. The catalog search result page proceeds to display all 212 results. Pagination is set to 24 items per page and the drop-down does display a selection of different numbers of results per page although these are ignored in the results.

The toolbar shows “Items1 to 212 of 212” on page 1. The toolbar does show multiple pages (1 2 3 4 5). If a person is to click on page 2, the resulting page still shows all 212 items again, but the toolbar now shows “Items 25 to 236 of 212”. Page 3 will result in “Items 49 to 260 of 212” showing all 212 results on the page and so on.

No matter what page you select, you will load and display all 212 results and the toolbar continues to increase incorrectly in the Items count.

I have checked and we are using all original 1.4.1.1 files in /app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch

The same toolbar.phtml is called in the catalog.xml and catalogsearch.xml
<block type=\"catalog/product_list_toolbar\" name=\"product_list_toolbar\" template=\"catalog/product/list/toolbar.phtml\">
<block type=\"page/html_pager\" name=\"product_list_toolbar_pager\"/>

Interestingly, we have no problem with the toolbar/pager in the category product views. Therefore, I surmise the problem to be somewhere in the Catalogsearch functions.

We have tried to delete our custom toolbar.phtml file and use base/default. This has changed nothing.

We have not altered any Catalog or Page/Html core files either that would affect this.

I also have tried swapping the Catalogsearch folder; /app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List/Toolbar.php; and, /app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Pager.php, using versions 1.3.2.4, 1.4.0.1, 1.4.2.0, and 1.5.0.1, and this did not solve the problem.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

This is our last issue to resolve.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rtsnanner

I’m using the version 1.4.2.0 and my frontend simple search form doesn’t work properly.
I have tried reindex data and changing the search methods in admin area. (fulltext, like , both)
There is any solution already? Maybe the update to v1.5?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webcitz

Total Posts:  128
Appleton, WI

This is likely due to your search results not having the layered navigation showing, which has fixed the exact same problem in a number of my stores.

File: /app/design/frontend/THEMENAME/layout/catalogsearch.xml

Add The Following Code:

<reference name="left">
      <
block type="catalogsearch/layer" name="catalogsearch.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
    </
reference>

After Something Similar To This Area, Possibly Around Line #50:

<catalogsearch_result_index translate="label">
        <
label>Quick Search Form</label>
        <
reference name="root">
            <
action method="setTemplate"><template>page/2columns-left.phtml</template></action>
        </
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community

webscot

Total Posts:  192

We were able to find the cause of the pagination error. Others have reported finding other modules to be the culprit by following the same protocol of disabling modules.

We have aheadWorks Automatic Product Callouts. It appears that the /app/code/local/CatalogsSarch/Block/Result.php and /app/code/local/CatalogSearch/Block/Advanced/Result.php files are receiving interference with the pagination from /app/code/local/AW/Automaticcallouts/Block/Result.php and /app/code/local/AW/Automaticcallouts/Block/Advancedsearchresult.php respectively.

We disabled it and requested a fix, which aheadWorks provided.

Just be sure to start disabling modules in /etc/modules/ to test for a pagination correction. All you have to do is drop and underscore after the file name to disable such as AW_Automaticcallouts.xml_. I also suggest running a search page and then just F5 refresh after disabling each module to determine the culprit.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magazento

Total Posts:  155
Russia,Volgograd

way to fix it you could find here magento search shows all products

Magento Community
Magento Community

elvar

Total Posts:  59

Thank you dude!!! Problems gone.

webcitz - 26 March 2011 04:08 PM
This is likely due to your search results not having the layered navigation showing, which has fixed the exact same problem in a number of my stores.

File: /app/design/frontend/THEMENAME/layout/catalogsearch.xml

Add The Following Code:

<reference name="left">
      <
block type="catalogsearch/layer" name="catalogsearch.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
    </
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community