Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cron produces fatal error

Business Feet

Total Posts:  82

I’ve just set up the cron in Magento for the first time and the cron is running but produces a fatal error.  This is what comes through in my email.  I’ve already checked to make sure PDO_Mysql is installed and it is so that leaves me stumped.  Any help appreciated

<br />
<
b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception' with message 'pdo_mysql extension is not installed' in lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:125
Stack trace
:
#0 lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(390): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#1 lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#2 lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(199): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#3 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Type/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php(45): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('SET NAMES utf8')
#4 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(83): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#5 app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(248): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection('core_read')
#6 /ho in <b>lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php</b> on line <b>125</b><br />

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

I suppose cron.php is run with php cli, and it might be have different php.ini configuration file. Please contact your host support to make sure that all required php extensions are available in php cli mode as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Hi Michael

i asked and as expected it is running in CLI with all extensions running - it definately has PDO_installed and enabled

DO
PDO support => enabled
PDO drivers => sqlite, sqlite2, mysql
pdo_mysql
PDO Driver for MySQL, client library version => 5.0.51a
pdo_sqlite
PDO Driver for SQLite 3.x => enabled
PECL Module version => (bundled) 1.0.1 $Id: pdo_sqlite.c,v 1.10.2.6.2.3

I’m stumped really

Magento Community
Magento Community

Business Feet

Ok so i managed to get the cron working but no sitemap is being generated, also when i try to create it manually via the url
http://www.yourshop.com/admin/sitemap/generate/sitemap_id/1

i get a 404 in admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

what did you do to get the cron job working? I currently have the same problem. and whos your host?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community