Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Status of Magento in Persian? 

Gekkomna

Total Posts:  4

Hi,
I am thinking of implementing a Magento store in Iran, but wanted to see if I will face problems doing it. I have seen lots of forum posts but no real answers - can someone tell me what is the status of these items below:

1. Translation:
I looked in the community translations page, but the persian is only a few % translated. Is there a full translation anywhere, or is that the best translation? Does it translate the full front end?

2. Currency:
Is it currently possible to display prices in Rials or Tomans?

3. Payment:
Is there a module for payment via the Shetab system?
If not, how difficult would it be to make.

4. Printing (i.e. Packing Slips)
Is it possible for Magento to currently print full farsi packing slips or other reports?

5. Iranian Calendar
Is it possible to have magento use the Iranian calendar?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CODNITIVE

Total Posts:  92

Hi

1. I didn’t see a full translate anywhere, there is just community translate at the moment. But don’t worry I translated magento myself more than 70% (front-end and back-end). I’ll release a beta version soon. (But I don’t know is that the best translate!? :D)

2. Yes. Currency problem is in two decimal places, but it is possible to remove those. I did it for front-end for multi currency in multi store.

3. No. There is not any online payment extension for shetab payment system at the moment. But I’m working on it, I hope I can release some beta ASAP.

4. Magento default print module has problem with Persian font in prints like packing slips. But it is possible which solve this completely. (I did it)

5. No, By default it not possible. But it is possible with an extension. I don’t have work on it, yet. That is one of next things which I’m thinking about it.

Have a nice day/night

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gekkomna

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for the quick reply HB grin

I guess I have to wait until you finish some of your modules. Hopefully they wont be too long in the making.

For the things you have done, such as the printing, can you explain where I can find more information on fixing them.

and thanks for working on all this stuff! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community