Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create Magento Template/s from Scratch Tutorial

Designer 91

Total Posts:  1

First of all I would to like congratulate to all Magento Team for this powerful ecommerce platform.

I am very much happy to hear from you guys and help me on how to create a simple Magento Themes or Templates from scratch.

Is there any tutorials that I can look on and also that would be easy for beginners to learn?

Hoping for some response.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

snigel1

Total Posts:  17

In difference from any random CMS system, webshops in general and Magento in particular needs soo many components in the right place to work in the front-end.

I’d recommend to find an as minimalistic theme as possible (i believe there is one called “blank") and start experimenting with that. 

I started with Magento last summer and i did not found any great articles/tutorial/resources. I even read a book about theme designing, but all that stuff is very basic. It took me some months of daily work to feel confident of what i was doing. And that came from experimenting and googling particular issues as i stumbled upon them, since they are often covered in forum and blogposts somewhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

This is a good place to start:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/4_-_themes_and_template_customization/0_-_theming_in_magento/designing-for-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Macyy

Total Posts:  2

I’ll suggest you to try TemplateToaster, it support designing custom Magento Themes from Scratch in addition to lot of predesigned ones.

http://templatetoaster.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community