Magento Forum

CSS Coming From /Media folder? 

Borduhh

Total Posts:  39
Rochester, NY

Hello All,

My CSS is coming from my /media folder instead of my /skin folder on my second store.

I have a installation of Magento with 2 stores. On my main store, the files are coming from the /skin file. But on my second store they are coming from the /media folder instead. Now I am trying to redesign the second store for a client and I have no idea how to fix this.

Things I have Tried:
1. I tried turning “Merge CSS Files (beta)” setting to no in System > Configuration > Developer. I then cleared the cache and still the problem persisted.

Any suggestions would be great guys!

Best Regards,
Nick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magentoassist
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Under system->configuration->web->unsecure->base skin url make sure it says

{{unsecure_base_url}}skin/

Check this setting for all of your stores by using the dropdown on the upper left hand side of the screen and reviewing the setting for each store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Borduhh

Total Posts:  39
Rochester, NY

OK I have more information. The problem is that no matter what I change in the admin panel the new site doesn\’t recognize it.

For Example:

I will go into the system > config > design and change the template. The changes will save and remain, however the website will not reflect the changes.

I have tried changing basic things such as the page template and such as well. This leads me to believe that its a cache problem with Magento.

Any suggestions on how I would go about exactly what is wrong?

Best Regards,
Nick

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community