Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Importing Images via absolute path? 

RobOrr

Total Posts:  218

Is it possible to import images via dataflow by absolute path?  ex. http://somedomain.com/images/someimage123.jpg?

I ask because I’ve got two customers who will have their images hosted elsewhere (vendors) and need to be able to import the image this way instead of going and saving and re--uploading.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

Have a look at this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/20914/

Magento Community
Magento Community

gfxguru

Total Posts:  186

every figure out a way to import images? and how does magento actually keep up with images? Trying to import absolute paths I can see but trying to determine the path for store/web is the question.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dimid

Total Posts:  11

I’d like to also know if there is a way to import images with an absolute path, cs-cart lets you enter a url into the csv file and it saves the image to your file system and creates the large/thumb with it. My distributors use data files with links to their images and there’s no way i can add 10k images manually to the shop. A fix / update to the image import would be nice.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community