Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add configurable product options of shared wishlist to cart

mozilla2004

Total Posts:  7

I created a wishlist of configurable products.  The configurable products come in variations such as Large, Medium and Small.  I share the wishlist with other customers via emails.

When email recipient receives my wishlist and adds the items to cart, it DOES NOT add items to cart.  Instead, the recipient is sent to the relevant product page and is asked to specify quantity and size (either large, medium or small), because they are required fields.

But when I originally added items to my wishlist, I specified quantity and large size.  Why are these attributes not saved with the wish list that I shared?  And how do i make the recipient receive my wishlist with quantity and size options intact?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Consider the one of the Gift Registry extensions from the Magento connect.  I’m afraid the Favorite Products extension won’t work for you even if it saves the product configuration (both custom options and configurable products) and allow to re-order items. But it has no email sharing feature yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

qualle

Total Posts:  26

Hi,

did you find an extension that fits your needs (save configurable products and email them with the options set)?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageryThemes

Total Posts:  29

Actually, this is a bug of Magento.
You can check here

Magento Community
Magento Community

sourav the inventer

Total Posts:  27
India, Westbengal, Kolkata

Hi all,
I have found some solution. I am using magento 1.6.2
if you go through the wishlist link in the product details page you will find the link like
/index.php/wishlist/index/add/product/47/
where product id is 47
Now you want to add a size with this configurable product. suppose your size attribute id is 128 and the value is 6 it’s located the size M
now you can modify the wishlist url with
index.php/wishlist/index/add/product/47/?super_attribute[128]=6
you can change it using jQuery also.
when this url is open in the browser the product which id 47 will add in the wishlist with the size M.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Signature33

Total Posts:  1

Is there a way to change the wishlist_share to reflect the config. options that a customer created?

Magento Community
Magento Community

anandneema

Total Posts:  3

Hello guys

i am also facing the same problem can anybody tell me the solution above solution not worked for me

please it’s very urgent

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

Hope the following solution will help you to resolve add to wishlist / cart issue:
Navigate to /app/design/frontend/<CUSTOM_PACKAGE>/<CUSTOM_TEMPLATE>/catalog/product/view/addto.phtml and change productAddToCartForm.submitLight to productAddToCartForm.submit. The full line is:

<li><a href="<?php echo $_wishlistSubmitUrl ?>" onclick="productAddToCartForm.submitLight(this, '<?php echo $_wishlistSubmitUrl ?>'); return false;" class="link-wishlist"><?php echo $this->__('Add to Wishlist'?></a></li>
Change it to:
<li><a href="<?php echo $_wishlistSubmitUrl ?>" onclick="productAddToCartForm.submit(this, '<?php echo $_wishlistSubmitUrl ?>'); return false;" class="link-wishlist"><?php echo $this->__('Add to Wishlist'?></a></li>

The code will check and save the selected product attributes before adding to wishlist.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community