Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to use Magento as POS? 

Eternal Peace

Total Posts:  30

Dear friends,

we have a small store with 3 billing counters. Each agent at the counter has a computer that is connected to the internet. We do most of the sales at the store and about 20% sales online via magento store.

Please help me with the following.

1. we plan to issue one login/pwd to each sales-agent and then ask them to login to magento-admin and then \’create order\’ when some one makes a purchase.
2. is the above approach OK or if something else is better please advise
3. in the payment method how can i add \’cash\’ as one option? and also when this happens the \’new order status\’ must be shown as \’shipped/final\’ as the transaction is closed.

please advise.

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks
Guru

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

Quick & easy way would be to use Check/Money Order Payment Method option. Part of the in-person order-taking process would be to settle the transaction.

Of course, if enabled, the Check/Money Order option will show to people online, so you might consider adding a note if that’s not allowed (or hiding the display via some customization).

HTH
Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

ladle

Total Posts:  173

Eternal Peace - 30 January 2011 03:00 AM

Dear friends,

we have a small store with 3 billing counters. Each agent at the counter has a computer that is connected to the internet. We do most of the sales at the store and about 20% sales online via magento store.

Please help me with the following.

1. we plan to issue one login/pwd to each sales-agent and then ask them to login to magento-admin and then \’create order\’ when some one makes a purchase.
2. is the above approach OK or if something else is better please advise
3. in the payment method how can i add \’cash\’ as one option? and also when this happens the \’new order status\’ must be shown as \’shipped/final\’ as the transaction is closed.

please advise.

thanks

Actually there is an extension for this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

You can see an embedded POS extension here: Magento Point of Sale

We have used extensions from this developer and their support is good. I would check out their demo first to make sure it fits your needs as some of the user functionality can be a little awkward. At least it was for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community