Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trying to upgrade - pear problem on 1and1 shared hosting

chazzz

Total Posts:  1

I cannot get pear working correctly on my shared 1and1.com hosting package. I have an install Magento ver. 1.4.1.1 that I want to upgrade.

I\’m following the instructions in this post for pear:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3462/#t13737

When I try to check my pear version I get this:

(uiserver):u35790076:~/firstaidsupplyshoptest > ./pear -V
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library \’/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so\’ - /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library \’/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so\’ - /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/42/d93639552/htdocs/firstaidsupplyshoptest/downloader/pearlib/php/System.php on line 400
(uiserver):u35790076:~/firstaidsupplyshoptest >

My php.info shows that I have mcrypt.so installed: http://www.test.firstaidsupplyshop.com/php.info

I suspect this is some sort of PHP linking problem but I don\’t know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Hello,

The following:

PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library ’/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so’ - /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library ’/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so’ - /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/mcrypt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Are simply warnings about mcrypt. We don’t have many users who require mcrypt; and lots of our users host Magento, so it’s safe to say this isn’t actually the problem.

However:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homepages/42/d93639552/htdocs/firstaidsupplyshoptest/downloader/pearlib/php/System.php on line 400
(uiserver):u35790076:~/firstaidsupplyshoptest >

This is in fact an error and seems to indicate something is amiss with your Magento Downloader. Here’s my recommendation:

Make a FULL backup - files and database - before moving forward. Nothing is worse than having a database and hosed files, or vice versa.

Download a fresh copy of the same version of Magento:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/x.x.x.x/magento-x.x.x.x.tar.gz
Be sure to replace the x.x.x.x’s in the URL with your version

Extract this fresh copy to a temporary folder

Rename your original ‘downloader’ folder to ‘downloader_old’

Move the fresh ‘downloader’ folder from the fresh copy of Magento to your store

Run this command:
./pear mage-setup .
* Note the period on the end, this is important!

Now give the upgrade a shot. Be sure to let us know how this works. Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community