Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product View

PedroPeixoto

Total Posts:  20

Hello.

I’m putting an online shop together, on Magento. Up until now I’ve been able to deal with most of my problems, but there’s this ghost haunting me.

I’ll try to explain how the catalog I’ll be using is structured.

There’s products, which you can’t buy, and sub-products (or references as we call them) associated with those products which you can buy.
For instance, product “Cupcake” is not purchasable as the Cupcake, but purchasable as Cupcake Size 1 which is reference #132-324.

As I understand that to accomplish this I have to use Group Products as the Cupcake and associate Simple Products with REFs (name, weight, price, etc) to it.

Now is it just me or does this seem a bit unorthodox? I mean, I would basically have to add 2 products every time for a single product (a product with 1 REF). Not mention the headache it is to manage.

I’ve attached a screenshot of how I’d like to show my products. I’m still trying to figure out how to show the other attributes on that table so its only name and price for now…

Million dollar question: Is it possible to make this process easier for every product I have to add? If so, how?

Thank you!

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Commative

Total Posts:  130
XXX

Hi PedroPeixoto,

I think you’d be interested in this Magento help article explaining a simpler method of creating product size options using Product Options:
Magento Help: Simple Product Sizes

Magento Themes by Magentist

Magento Community
Magento Community

PedroPeixoto

Total Posts:  20

Hi Magentist,

I read the article, unfortunately I didn’t get the results I was expecting. Let me illustrate exactly what I’m going for with the attached image.

I need the simple products associated with the group product to show more than “Name”, “Price” and “Qty”. I wan’t to have various attributes (that I defined beforehand) displayed as well, eg. Color, Size, etc.

I attached an image to help you understand my dilemma.

Thank you!

PS: By no means I wan’t to be hand held, I’ve been struggling with this implementation by myself so far and considering this is a new platform for me I think I’m managing! This post reflects my frustration on this matter.

Image Attachments
screen.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community