Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Quotes / Offer / Estimates in Sales Module

harkman

Total Posts:  60
Ravensburg, Germany

Hello.

A customer of me asked if it would be possible to make quotes from the sales backend, that can be converted to orders later on.
Sadly I had to admit that this is not possible.

I want to ask the community and the Magento Team if this would not be a useful addition to Magento. I believe many shop owner who have business customers would appreciate the ability to make quotes they can email as pdf files or print to paper.

Furthermore one could imagine a “request quote” feature from the shop-front, that is available to wholesale customers.
A customer could request a quote for his current cart. The created quote could be accessible for logged in customers, this way they could accept a quote from within their account interface.

What do you think?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

razor

Total Posts:  13

I think this would be a great addition. I think this mainly has more potential of being a commercial extension rather than built in functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

I am actualy looking for this right now. I get e-mails all the time asking for quotes and if I could give them an online quote that has all of there products right there than that would save me time treating this as a online sales instead of a phone/fax sale. Let me know if anyone has found a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Total Posts:  98
Amsterdam

Hi There,
I made this frontend functionality some time ago for tho websites.
Only the backend functionality is quite hard to make.

I’m currently looking for a solution with Vtiger. I found vtiger has a lot of this functionality BUT.. it is hard for me alone to integrate Magento and Vtiger. Next to that I found out that I had quite some difficulties importing all the items etc.. there is no sync functionality.

You guys any luck or ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bkmdesigns

Total Posts:  5

Hello, we are currently looking for a Quoting system too. Has anyone built an application yet ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

On our site, http://www.soundisolationstore.com, we had a frontend quote system setup by the guy at http://www.magentoxp.com.  Basically there is a product attribute that marks each product as a quotable item and then puts an image on each product page that says something like Request A Quote.  The customer can click that button and is taken to another page where they can choose quantity and enter in contact information then submit the entry to us.  The contact info is submitted in the same fashion as the Magento contacts form.  From there we respond with a quote. 

The other part of this system is a quotes page that lists every product we have with quantity fields so the customer can add all the products they want quoted rather than just 1 at a time. 

There is also an option on each product page in the backend to include or exclude the product from the quote list and a numbered order for the product on the list. 

As far as backend quoting there isn’t anything great, but....

We customized (thanks to magentoxp.com) the shipping field when creating orders in the backend.  So for the product price we can customize it to whatever like anyone can, but when you go down to the shipping price you can enter whatever price you want for shipping regardless of what you have added to the order and then name that shipping option as well.  For payment option you can just choose Invoice and then make up an invoice number.  Once you submit it then the customer will automatically be e-mailed the quote. 

If the don’t want to buy then you can cancel the order and delete it from the system....

Magento Community
Magento Community

petervcook

Total Posts:  1

I’m looking for a similar thing.

In my situation 100% of the products are build to order. There will be no listed prices for anything, it is a low volume business where the customer always talks to the sales staff to get a quote. Basically where ever “add to cart” would be, should be “request quote”. The flow would look like this: The customer will choose a product type, select the dimensions then select add-ons. Where the cart would be would be an information request form. On the packend, we don’t need a fancy CRM, just emailing the request to a sales guy will work just fine. Does anyone know of a CMS that can handle this process?

The http://www.soundisolationstore.com/ example is close. Was that a cost effective solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Amsterdam

Something like http://www.greenmotion.nl?
Or something like moumou.nl (interest button)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jroakes

Total Posts:  19

petervcook - 10 August 2009 11:55 AM

I’m looking for a similar thing.

In my situation 100% of the products are build to order. There will be no listed prices for anything, it is a low volume business where the customer always talks to the sales staff to get a quote. Basically where ever “add to cart” would be, should be “request quote”. The flow would look like this: The customer will choose a product type, select the dimensions then select add-ons. Where the cart would be would be an information request form. On the packend, we don’t need a fancy CRM, just emailing the request to a sales guy will work just fine. Does anyone know of a CMS that can handle this process?

The http://www.soundisolationstore.com/ example is close. Was that a cost effective solution?

Take a look at http://www.corecommerce.com/ecommerce-software-feature-list.html.  I am talking with them about building (a saved cart (quote) functionality, square foot pricing module, and images for option items) into their cart.  This will be built into the core so the next time there is an upgrade we don’t have to skip it or hire someone to fix all the breaks.  If anyone is interested PM me.  Magento is great for straight sales but difficult to handle for BTO.

Magento Community
Magento Community

onepack

Amsterdam

"This will be built into the core so the next time there is an upgrade we don’t have to skip it or hire someone to fix all the breaks.”

So you are hoping the core will never be updated??? I think you mean a local folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fusa2

Total Posts:  11

Also looking for the request quote feature from the shopping cart which the customer (or admin via backend) can then convert to order. Any solutions been found yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Way to go

Total Posts:  18

Looking for a extension as well that can create quotes form baskets.... anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

asdf asdff

Total Posts:  32

try this http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2473/sqli-get-a-quote

Magento Community
Magento Community

_bullseye_

Total Posts:  21

This, in fact, is the only functionality that i really NEED from Magento.

Version 1.4 now has a Free Shipping , and a Zero Sum Checkout standard, but if i enable both, i get errors at checkout.

It seems like enabling both of these and changing some of the language from “order” to “quote request” would be simple.

Anyone figured this out yet?  The closest i’ve seen is:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/76049/

And it is really close, but my cart hangs up after you click on the PLACE ORDER button.

The only mods i’ve seen are just for a lame form for quote request that require the user to manually enter all the info.  Ugh.

HELP!

Magento Community
Magento Community

tandylacker

Total Posts:  207

Bullseye -

Check this one out:  http://www.byoplayground.com/

Extension/modification made by http://www.magentoxp.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

walltoolsllc

Total Posts:  146

harkman - 31 October 2008 04:12 AM

Hello.

A customer of me asked if it would be possible to make quotes from the sales backend, that can be converted to orders later on.
Sadly I had to admit that this is not possible.

I want to ask the community and the Magento Team if this would not be a useful addition to Magento. I believe many shop owner who have business customers would appreciate the ability to make quotes they can email as pdf files or print to paper.

Furthermore one could imagine a “request quote” feature from the shop-front, that is available to wholesale customers.
A customer could request a quote for his current cart. The created quote could be accessible for logged in customers, this way they could accept a quote from within their account interface.

What do you think?

I too needed someway to provide customer Quotes from within Magento.  As a work around, since Magento has no built in Quoting method, I’ve simply enable the Purchase Order payment method and changed the title to read “Quote Only.” This way I can essentially put a quote together and assign a PO number to it.  If the customer doesn’t want to act on the quote (make a purchase), I can cancel the order.  I can actually cancel the order at anytime and then create a new order at the actual time of purchase.  Since I have enabled Master Password for Customer Accounts I can put together a quote via the frontend website, which allows me to add bundle, configurable, or any other product type to the quotations - one feature that is missing on any of the extensions I’ve seen.  The one’s I’ve seen only allow you to add simple products.

Anyway… I have also changed the text where it says “Purchase Order Number” to Quote Number.

I know this isn’t a wizz-bang solution, but it does seem to be a decent work around that at least provides the functionality to submit a quote to a customer.  If you use the Master Password extension and put the Quote through via the frontend… the quote is added to the customer “My Account” section under recent orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2