Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Imagine Conference

Genevieve

Total Posts:  22
Perth, Australia

Just wondering if any other Aussies are going to Magento Imagine conference in a few weeks?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Would have loved to Genevieve! And had lots of encouragement to from the other mods on the forums - but my ‘other’ (non-Magento) job makes it impossible…
You going?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Global Backing

Total Posts:  15

Is this the conference in Los Angeles?

I wish I could go to that.

I’m thinking of starting up a Magento Melbourne Group similar to the PHP Melbourne Group

Would anyone be interested in joining that group?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Not unless it was in Sydney… wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Genevieve

Total Posts:  22
Perth, Australia

Just to follow up, the Imagine Conference was exceptional, with lots of very impressive key note speakers, and some very useful technical and business focused sessions. My Best on Ground (to use an AFL euphemism) was Marten Mickos from Eucalyptus (formerly CEO of MySQL) - such an impressive speaker. If you can find his keynote on YouTube, it was really great.

I\’m sure you\’ve all heard about the announcement of Magento Go and 1.5 community and 1.10 Enterprise releases by now as well.

Simon Lilly has posted a pretty good summary of all of the sessions including slides. There is some great content in there so definitely worth the time reviewing.
http://www.simonlilly.com/e-commerce/magento-presentations-videos-blogs-from-magento-imagine/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community