Magento Forum

Sales Orders not showing up in Magento but payment received in PayPal

greglemke

Total Posts:  1

I have multiple orders starting to show up in which I see the transaction and received money in Paypal Pro, but the order isn\’t showing up in Magento?  Their is an invoice or transaction number being issued but nothing shows up?  Please help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

The PAP module shouldn’t be related to this problem, but you could try disabling it just to see (In theory, there COULD be a conflict with something else.) If you are not using the PAP connector, or if disabling it doesn’t fix the problem, please post your problem in the general Magento boards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joel87

Total Posts:  54

Similar problem here.... We have noticed that some customer orders never made it through to magento, but they did go through Paypal. This used to happen when an order would go through a payment review, the payment would be cleared by Paypal after the review was completed, but Magento would never clear it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Please make sure that:
1. You are running the latest PAP connector (there were some changes a while back to improve PayPal handlling)
2. The username/password in the settings is correct
3. You can go to Sales->Affiliate Orders (in Magento) (if you get an error here, you’ll probably need to update your API file)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joel87

Total Posts:  54

Everything seems to be in order, we have noticed though that all the orders that haven’t gone through are from Paypal express. It seems to be that the Paypal express option is the root of the problem. The orders from Paypal standard are working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Exactly what is the error you are seeing? Is it just that information is not getting passed on to PAP? Is Magento’s status changing after the order completes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbradley22

Total Posts:  45

We’ve been experiencing similar issues over the past six months, which may all be related:
1. PayPal Pro charging credit cards but no order created in Magento
2. Sales order numbers skipping when payment is made but no order created
3. Frequent issues with customers placing duplicate orders
4. Very large orders more likely to fail than smaller orders

Are there any solutions at all to rectify this? Some orders go through fine and others have the symptoms above. I’ve read a lot of posts on this and not seen any resolutions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

@tbradley22, it is exceedingly unlikely that this is related to the PAP extension (there are a lot of very paranoid safeguards in place to avoid exactly this sort of problem), but obviously a mistake could have been made somewhere. If you want to confirm for sure you could disable the module (/app/etc/modules/Mage_Pap.xml, change active to false, then clear your cache). If that doesn’t prevent the problem, you can be certain that the problem is elsewhere.

Also, try enabling errors to get better data (see http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/taming-magento-errors-display/ for instructions.) Once you know what error is causing it to abort processing someone should be able to help you fix the problem.

Finally, the information about what was ordered probably isn’t lost. At the very least you should be able to track down the old quotes in the database. (Magento stores everything as a quote prior to checkout and uses the quote in the steps leading up to order completion. The quote and the order contain nearly identical information.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mhdalamoudi

Total Posts:  5

Running Magento 1.7

Despite the recent updates the issue hasn’t been fixed, I noticed that the transactions show up in PayPal Payflow Pro but not in Magento.

I see order = “100000005” which is a magento order number in PayPal but it wouldn’t appear in the backend of Magento?

And today for the first time PayPal Payflow Pro skipped order number “100000010” and shows “100000011” but neither show up in Magento backend, even though they are legit checkouts from the same customer.

If anyone had this issue or a similar one and fixed it please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

totalfanshop

Total Posts:  2

i have been experiencing this also with 1.7.1, .2 and now with 1.8.1. Paypal logs the order, takes the money and even gets a order number from magento, but magento is not logging it in, so when i try to search for that order number that is in paypal, magento cant find it.

Since this is happening to a lot of people, i hope a answer is found soon. This doesnt happen all the time and i also think it has something to do with express checkout....

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community