Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

pdo_mysql installed, but not? 

JJ Pagac

Total Posts:  52
Madison, WI USA

Ok, I’m hosting with bluehost.  I convinced them to get me on a php5 server and install the extensions, or so I think.  Maybe you guys can figure this out.

To get the pdo_mysql extension to work right they had me add these lines to the php.ini file:

extension_dir = “/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/”;
extension=pdo.so;
extension=pdo_mysql.so;

However, I pull up a phpinfio() file and don’t see it at top in the command config, but further down on the page I see it…

http://www.decksandeffects.com/phpinfo.php

However, the install script still is unhappy saying that php_mysql is not installed.  Any clue what blue host is doing wrong?  Or the install script?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lifespent

Total Posts:  4
Colorado Springs

hmm put the PHP Info file under the magento dir and see if it still shows the pdo_mysql as being installed…

Magento Community
Magento Community

JJ Pagac

Total Posts:  52
Madison, WI USA

Brilliant.  Didn’t think about that one.  I assumed the php ini file would affect all directories, but not at blue host.  So, I just dumped everything form the magneto folder into the root.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chooch

Total Posts:  2

Just to follow up, since this post doesn’t provide any resolution to the issue, I had a similar issue, where PDO_mysql would not show in the phpinfo() list, even though I had uncommented it.

If you are having the same issue, you will find the answer is simple enough. Also, uncomment the PHP_PDO module as well, that way PDO is enabled and the mysql portion will follow.

You’ll see.

Chooch

Magento Community
Magento Community

Al~Capone

Total Posts:  3

i have uncommented all the required setting but these item still not loaded...can you advised?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community