Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade Errors 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.0

Justin Atack

Total Posts:  42
Sydney, Australia

Hi Magento Community,

I have just upgraded from 1.4.1.1 to 1.4.2.0 and everything went relatively smoothly. I had to make a few adjustments to the theme etc… but everything seemed to work....

I upgraded a Development copy and I thought everything was sweet so I went and upgraded my live copy. Now when I go to \"Customers > Manage Customers > Click on any customer\” I get the following error below.

a:5:{i:0;s:51:\"Cannot load configuration for payment method \"Sxml\"\";i:1;s:4154:\"#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Helper/Data.php(48): Mage::throwException(\'Cannot load con...\')
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Payment/Helper/Data.php(162): Mage_Payment_Helper_Data->getMethodInstance(\'Sxml\')
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Block/Adminhtml/Recurring/Profile/Grid.php(110): Mage_Payment_Helper_Data->getRecurringProfileMethods()
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(581): Mage_Sales_Block_Adminhtml_Recurring_Profile_Grid->_prepareColumns()
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(589): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(757): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Tabs.php(289): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/widget/tabs.phtml(38): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Tabs->getTabContent(Object(Mage_Sales_Block_Adminhtml_Customer_Edit_Tab_Recurring_Profile))
#8 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(216): include(\'/home/mydomain/...\')
#9 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(247): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(\'adminhtml/defau...\')
#10 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(261): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#11 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#12 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#13 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#15 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(525): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(476): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(\'left\', true)
#17 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/page.phtml(58): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(\'left\')
#18 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(216): include(\'/home/mydomain/...\')
#19 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(247): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(\'adminhtml/defau...\')
#20 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(261): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#21 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Template.php(81): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#22 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(758): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#23 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(529): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#24 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(389): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#25 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/CustomerController.php(151): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#26 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Adminhtml_CustomerController->editAction()
#27 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\'edit\')
#28 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#29 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#30 /home/mydomain/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#31 /home/mydomain/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(\'\', \'store\')
#32 {main}\"
;s:3:\"url\";s:42:\"/index.php/myadmin/customer/edit/id/158/\";s:11:\"script_name\";s:10:\"/index.php\";s:4:\"skin\";s:5:\"admin\";}

Can anyone please help me decipher the error above?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Justin Atack

Sydney, Australia

Ok I still haven\’t worked this one out. These are the things I have tried.

1) Flushing the Cache (Numerous times)
2) Disabling some modules, but that didn\’t seem to change anything so I have re-enabled them again.
3) I recopied the Magento v1.4.2.0 core files over the top to make sure the files weren\’t corrupt the first time I copied them.
4) Reset all file and folder permissions.
5) Checked local.xml, config.xml, php.ini and .htaccess files repeatedly for errors.

If anyone can suggest more things to try and do then Im open.

Interestingly a couple of times when I have tried opening the customer info page it has loaded up to the \"reoccuring profiles\” tab then stopped with the remaining of the page blank. I thought that maybe it was a memory issues hence the reason for checking the php.ini file. But this is fine.

Please help if you are good at tracking down the source of errors.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Justin Atack

Sydney, Australia

Does anyone have any suggestions in addition to the above on what I can try next to try and resolve this issue? I will try all suggestions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

That error is related to a payment method which cannot be found. couple of solutions posted on the board:

1) Delete the configuration payment entries in the core_config_data table
2) Add an “if” function to check whether exception should be shown for that payment method
3) Remove the exception message altogether

Read these two threads:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/211937/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/96826/P0/

Back up your database before doing anything. If there were any payment methods which you installed and then removed you can try re-installing them and seeing if it stops without having to make the above changes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Justin Atack

Sydney, Australia

furnitureforyoultd - 27 January 2011 06:33 PM

Thank you so much for your reply, I was able to fix this by following your first point.

Steps to fix it.

1) Created a DB backup.

2) I logged into the DB using SQL Pro (the best MAC MySQL DB Program) went to the “core_config_data” table found the entries “payment/Sxml” in the “path” column and as suggested I deleted all entries. In my case I still had an error only this time it related to “eway”, so I just repeated the above and deleted all “payment/eway” entries and deleted the extention all together as I wasn’t using it anyway.

3) Problem solved. A big thank you to “furnitureforyoultd” your the best!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibeau

Total Posts:  20

Justin Atack - 30 January 2011 06:33 PM

furnitureforyoultd - 27 January 2011 06:33 PM

Thank you so much for your reply, I was able to fix this by following your first point.

Steps to fix it.

1) Created a DB backup.

2) I logged into the DB using SQL Pro (the best MAC MySQL DB Program) went to the “core_config_data” table found the entries “payment/Sxml” in the “path” column and as suggested I deleted all entries. In my case I still had an error only this time it related to “eway”, so I just repeated the above and deleted all “payment/eway” entries and deleted the extention all together as I wasn’t using it anyway.

3) Problem solved. A big thank you to “furnitureforyoultd” your the best!

Thanks! I deleted all “payment/Sxml” entries in “core_config_data” and it fixed it smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community