Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Megento Connect Manager - Link 404

jjjgamer

Total Posts:  1

inMotionGfx - 21 January 2013 09:23 PM

For those of you who still haven’t been able to resolve this issue after trying all of the above solutions, I thought I’d share mine with you, since it hasn’t been mentioned anywhere before as far as I know.

I tried all of the solutions above, and none helped… my permissions are right, tried accessing the correct URL directly etc.

In the end I asked my server guys to look at it, and this is what they found, and how they fixed it for me:

“There were no issues with the file itself, the problem was due to the URL being re-written incorrectly because it inherited the parent .htaccess in /shop/.

After doing some research on how to override the parent .htaccess in a subdirectory, we found the solution is just to add the following line in the sub .htaccess:

RewriteOptions inherit

The URL loads successfully now.”

For clarity, “shop” is my Magento root folder.

I appreciate all the tips from everyone, and I hope this solution helps some people.

Brendon

Bravo man, That relaxed my stretching head. cheers mate

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zesttech

Total Posts:  31
London, UK

Please try this :
Simply change the permissions of downloader/index.php from 0666 to 0644.
After that try to logout and login. Now open your website in new browser session.

Magento Community
Magento Community

digidestination

Total Posts:  12
Cyprus

Thank you, This worked for me smile

jmcneil - 21 November 2008 04:55 AM

SOLVED!

This worked for me and I hope it helps someone else. This is on version 1.1.7 so not sure if this will work on any other versions.

Directory /downloader/ set to 755
file /downloader/index.php set to 644

I use Cpanel and I had password protected the directory /Magento/ so that I wouldn’t have anyone stumbling on the site while it was being developed. I removed the password protection and the ‘Magento Connect Manager’ worked.

I figured it was something really simple but, for some reason this never occurred to me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4