Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Megento Connect Manager - Link 404

Ravi Goswami

Total Posts:  20

Changing Permission to 644 of <magento root>/downler/index.php worked for me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

Nothing worked for me.
I tried:

chmod 755 downloader 
chmod 644 downloader
/index.php

One thing that i have noted is: When i click on the Magento Concect Manager. It redirects me to the following url with 404 error page:

http://www.mydomain.com/downloader/?return=http&#x3A;&#x2F;&#x2F;www.mydomain.com&#x2F;index.php&#x2F;admin&#x2F;
When i remove return=.... from the url then it works fine.

What can be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Additional Note: If i only remove &#x3A; {percentage3A} then the link works. Hope this gives you an clue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagePsycho
Mentor

Total Posts:  1702

Friendly BUMP

Any idea guys on this topic?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

zfrost

Total Posts:  8

Same issue for me now. It has been working no problem for a month and now today I am getting this 404 error. I tried everything listed so far including that cleanup tool and nothing. the only thing that works is if i take out return=..... then it works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vasimvohra

Total Posts:  15

Hello

Yes it worked for me also..

Magento Community
Magento Community

meresylvia

Total Posts:  1

MagePsycho - 10 April 2011 09:35 PM

Nothing worked for me.
I tried:

chmod 755 downloader 
chmod 644 downloader
/index.php

One thing that i have noted is: When i click on the Magento Concect Manager. It redirects me to the following url with 404 error page:
http://www.mydomain.com/downloader/?return=http&#x3A;&#x2F;&#x2F;www.mydomain.com&#x2F;index.php&#x2F;admin&#x2F;
When i remove return=.... from the url then it works fine.

What can be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Additional Note: If i only remove &#x3A; {percentage3A} then the link works. Hope this gives you an clue.

OH!! I got the same problem, all things are new, new hosting (host gator default), new installed, but I installed it in subdomain.domain.com/..... the subdomain’s folder is 0755..... who can help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

safakkaya

Total Posts:  2

If any above solutions didn’t work for you, I would suggest to disable URL rewrite completely. I mean you need to clear rewrite rules in your .htaccess file.

I was suffering the sam issue and tried all suggestions. And then I just disabled URL rewrite in magento admin (configuration - web - search engine optimisation - use web server rewrites: NO) However this is not the main issue. After that, I just clean rewrite rules in .htaccess file.
And it worked!

I hope this could be helpful someone else.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bestshop24h

Total Posts:  24

"Directory /downloader/ set to 755
file /downloader/index.php set to 644”

also work for me,
my magento is 1.7

thanks so much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

alextocaj

skippybosco - 30 May 2009 08:54 PM

@theapokalypsis, If you are still struggling to get things back in whack, the Magento cleanup tool handles most of the heavy lifting in getting your permissions and such sorted out.

You can download it here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/_media/groups/227/magento-cleanup2.zip

Unzip to the root of your Magento installation and then browse to http://yourdomain.com/magento/magento_cleanup.php and it will do the rest for you and provide feedback as to it’s progress.

Using the cleanup tool help me.  Thanks for that!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

camilamarqui

Total Posts:  0

jmcneil - 21 November 2008 04:55 AM

SOLVED!

This worked for me and I hope it helps someone else. This is on version 1.1.7 so not sure if this will work on any other versions.

Directory /downloader/ set to 755
file /downloader/index.php set to 644

YESSSSS! Thanks so much!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

inMotionGfx

Total Posts:  7

For those of you who still haven’t been able to resolve this issue after trying all of the above solutions, I thought I’d share mine with you, since it hasn’t been mentioned anywhere before as far as I know.

I tried all of the solutions above, and none helped… my permissions are right, tried accessing the correct URL directly etc.

In the end I asked my server guys to look at it, and this is what they found, and how they fixed it for me:

“There were no issues with the file itself, the problem was due to the URL being re-written incorrectly because it inherited the parent .htaccess in /shop/.

After doing some research on how to override the parent .htaccess in a subdirectory, we found the solution is just to add the following line in the sub .htaccess:

RewriteOptions inherit

The URL loads successfully now.”

For clarity, “shop” is my Magento root folder.

I appreciate all the tips from everyone, and I hope this solution helps some people.

Brendon

Magento Community
Magento Community

made_dwi

worldwisewebs - 10 July 2010 04:47 AM

“Directory /downloader/ set to 755
file /downloader/index.php set to 644 “

this worked for me in 1.4.1

Thanks!

In my site, i don’t have this directory and file. please give me file index.html in download directory..
:(

Magento Community
Magento Community

netdoctor

inMotionGfx - 21 January 2013 09:23 PM

For those of you who still haven’t been able to resolve this issue after trying all of the above solutions, I thought I’d share mine with you, since it hasn’t been mentioned anywhere before as far as I know.

I tried all of the solutions above, and none helped… my permissions are right, tried accessing the correct URL directly etc.

In the end I asked my server guys to look at it, and this is what they found, and how they fixed it for me:

“There were no issues with the file itself, the problem was due to the URL being re-written incorrectly because it inherited the parent .htaccess in /shop/.

After doing some research on how to override the parent .htaccess in a subdirectory, we found the solution is just to add the following line in the sub .htaccess:

RewriteOptions inherit

The URL loads successfully now.”

For clarity, “shop” is my Magento root folder.

I appreciate all the tips from everyone, and I hope this solution helps some people.

Brendon

Hoorah! Give that man a beer!

The above worked for me. I had also tried everything else mentioned on this forum and nothing worked. However, the above does.

What you need to do is go to your file manager (either log in to your hosting account and go to file manager or similar or use an FTP program) and navigate to the ‘Downloader’ folder. In there is a .htaccess file. You need to edit that by just pasting a new line at the top of whatever is currently there, that reads as follows: --> RewriteOptions inherit <-- (Obviously dont paste the arrows either side!)

This has made my day. Yay! :o)

Magento Community
Magento Community

imturtle

Total Posts:  8

jmcneil - 21 November 2008 04:55 AM

SOLVED!

This worked for me and I hope it helps someone else. This is on version 1.1.7 so not sure if this will work on any other versions.

Directory /downloader/ set to 755
file /downloader/index.php set to 644

I use Cpanel and I had password protected the directory /Magento/ so that I wouldn’t have anyone stumbling on the site while it was being developed. I removed the password protection and the ‘Magento Connect Manager’ worked.

I figured it was something really simple but, for some reason this never occurred to me.

worked excellently. cheers!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanju90011

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have also same problem (404 page error) on Magento Connect Manager page. I was change downloader and index.php file permission. But nothing change. If anybody have other solution please help me. My magento version is 1.7.02
Thank you in advance smile
Jay

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community