Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

12 hours trying and i cannot get rid of this error - “Associate to Website” is a required value. 

lurebeauty

Total Posts:  229

i can’t believe no one else is having this problem with the 1.4.2 update?

I hope someone can help me, I have searched and searched and cannot find anyone else having this problem.  I installed 1.4.2 (fresh installation). 

If i create a customer in the backend admin, and then add an address,i try to save it, and it jumps to a new customer page and i get this error at the top:  “Associate to Website” is a required value.”

No matter what i do, i cannot get rid of this error and i dont know why it wont save an address, just automatically jumps to a page that acts as if im trying to add a new customer, when all im doing is editing the address of an existing one.

Can someone help?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

In Magento you can create many virtual websites. This is great feature if you need to configure multi-domain store.

Please assign your new customer to the default Website, it will fix the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lurebeauty

Total Posts:  229

Thank you.  I did that, i tried everything, no matter what i do, i cannot hit save on a new customer without it giving me that error and jumping to a new customer page.  i am having no luck :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community