Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to make collapsible menus

David from Minnesota

Total Posts:  10
St. Paul, Minnesota

I am experiencing a bit of a usability issue with my left menu Categories and Attributes.  My products have a large number of categories and a large number of attributes (and a large number of attribute values for each attribute).  So, my left menu becomes VERY long, requiring the user to scroll down for many pages before they even see the attribute that they might be looking for.

I am interested to know if there is a way to make a “twisty” menu, where the term “Category” appears, and the Attribute Name, but the user must click the icon to the left to “open” and see the list of categories and the list of attribute values. 

Has anyone done anything like this before?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community