Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Price and Instock status are not showing

GCB7St

Total Posts:  8

Hello I completed a fresh install via cpanel of Magento 1.4.2 for a client. I myself have Magento 1.4.1 for my store and I noticed that with my clients store after setting up a product the product price shows before clicking on the product link to get more details about the product but after clicking on the link the Instock or Out of Stock status does not show nor does the price of the item. Is there some way to fix this issue?

Image Attachments
Screenshot-464.pngScreenshot-463.pngScreenshot-462.pngScreenshot-461.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

What template you use? It is not default one as far as I see?
Seems that something wrong with it.

Also, have you tried to re-index Magento database?

To reindex Magento data follow these quick steps:

1. Go to System > Index Management
2. Click on \"select all\” in the upper left corner
3. Under \"Action\" select \"Reindex Data\” and click submit

Magento Community
Magento Community

GCB7St

Thank so much for responding to me. I am using the Magento Classic f002-orange template by Template Master. I have done as you suggested but I still don’t see the Availability status or Price on the “about this product” page. You suggested that maybe there is something wrong with the template is there a way to fix this? I downloaded it using the Magento Connect Manager. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

It is very difficult to say what is wrong without direct access to store settings & code.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GCB7St

Turnkeye.com - 22 January 2011 09:39 PM

It is very difficult to say what is wrong without direct access to store settings & code.

Thanks for y our assistance. I discovered the problem and fixed it. I appreciate your help in this matter.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexanderk

Total Posts:  3

I’m having the same problem, can’t see product in stock status or price on the product page.  You said you found a solution, what was it, lol?????

Magento Community
Magento Community

rustysbiz

Total Posts:  3

GCB7St - 25 January 2011 01:34 PM

Turnkeye.com - 22 January 2011 09:39 PM

Thanks for y our assistance. I discovered the problem and fixed it. I appreciate your help in this matter.

I have this same issue.  What was the problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

timharris78

Total Posts:  11
Frisco, TX (north Dallas)

After upgrading our wholesale Web site to 1.5.0.1, we are getting an “Out of Stock” message on EVERY product on our site.  We’ve checked System > Configuration > Inventory for any discrepancies and on our product records.  We cannot find anything that is out of place that would cause this.

We did, however, discover that for the first time EVER we have one item in Index Management that we cannot Reindex the Data.  We are unable to Reindex the Data for “Catalog Search Index.” It is “stuck” with a status of Processing though it’s had plenty of time to run.  Also we receive a “Cannot Initialize the Indexer Process” error at the top of the Index Management screen.

P.S.  I am posting this 1.5 issue in the 1.4 forum as that was Magento’s suggestion at this time.  There is currently something wrong with the 1.5 forum that was set up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GCB7St

Hello

I’m sorry that it took me so long to respond. I’ve not checked my email in a while. How I was able to solve the problem was a little complex for me because this was only my second time setting up the store front for someone other than myself.  I had to go to the Templates Master website and download the latest version. I had no clue how to upload the complete folder without using FTP for the newer version and didn’t want to do it this way so I figured that I was going to have to upload the files one by one until I got the right one. I started by going to the layout folder for version 1.4.1.0 app/design/frontend/f002/layout and uploaded each of the four files in the same folder in cPanel. Once I did this I decided to test the site and the price was showing along with the inventory status. I hope that this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community