Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Blocking a IP number? 

Brake6

Total Posts:  87

Hi
When checking \"Online customers\” in admin, there are around 400 entries from the same IP (seems to do a lot of searches). So I want to block that number, added

Deny from 80.69.225.182

In the htaccess file. Looks like this now:

Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Deny from 80.69.225.182

Restarted Apache – but that does not seems to work. The IP number is still showing up. Have I missed something?

Best regards, Magnus

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

Brake6,

Order allow,deny 
Deny from 80.69.225.182
Allow from all

should do the trick wink .

HTH
Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brake6

Total Posts:  87

Thanks blueben

I added that, restarted the “Container” (it’s a VPS) and restarted Apache. Also flushed the cache. And now, the bastard wink seems to be gone
smile

Best regards, Magnus

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Somewhat related, here’s how to block everyone but you from seeing the store (useful for maintenance) via .htaccess:

## Exception Below is your IP
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^123\.45\.67\.89
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/maintenance\.html$
RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html [R=302,L]

This will force anyone who is not loading from IP 123.45.67.89 to load /maintenance.html.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webpark

Total Posts:  9

SimpleHelix.com - 27 January 2011 01:46 PM

Somewhat related, here’s how to block everyone but you from seeing the store (useful for maintenance) via .htaccess:

## Exception Below is your IP
RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} !^123\.45\.67\.89
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/maintenance\.html$
RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html [R=302,L]

This will force anyone who is not loading from IP 123.45.67.89 to load /maintenance.html.

Just record it to my note.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nht48823

Total Posts:  91

where do you exactly ad this In the htaccess file. I have similar issue.

blueben - 20 January 2011 10:48 AM

Brake6,

Order allow,deny 
Deny from 80.69.225.182
Allow from all

should do the trick wink .

HTH
Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

hxd

Total Posts:  224

Add it at the top of your .htaccess file and it should work without any problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redstage

Total Posts:  173
Hoboken, NJ

If you don’t want to mess with your htaccess file everytime you need to block an IP, or you have additional complications like multi-store…

We developed a neat little extension to blacklist IP addresses: http://store.redstage.com/ip-blacklist.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brynnae

Total Posts:  36
California

Which other way we can deny the IP address from online store? Brainstorm and give answer. I need some unique answer that I am searching for. Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ashokverma

Total Posts:  9

Hello

This issue is bigger for your store and you have to check what is the purpose of that ip, if this ip is giving you benefit then ok.

If you feel this IP is not beneficial you can block this IP from number of specific IP blocking extensions. Being a developer I will suggest that extension which can solve you lot of issue or error. You have to use that extension which have specific country block option, specific IP blocking option, specific product blocking option, auto or manual ACL (Access Control List) maker. Let me search a powerful extension that can solve you all issues. Magento Geo-IP Ultimate Extension is good and most of options have in this site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

shivshaktibrass

Total Posts:  5

If you block an IP address in any of the following ranges, you are required to immediately notify the Wikimedia Foundation Communications Committee. These ranges are allocated to major governmental organizations and blocks of these organizations have political and public relations implications that must be managed by the Foundation’s press relations team.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community