Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

one category two views, duplicate category, category alias, ignore static blocks

cobasa000

Total Posts:  13

is there a way to have one category displayed normally at one url and with static blocks at another? we have a “gifts” category that needs a landing page, but also shown like a regular category. i’ve got the category showing a landing page via static blocks. we also want some secondary nav to link to this category in different ways, like show all products, sort by price etc. i was thinking i could duplicate the category, but that seems heavy handed. can i force it to ignore static blocks category setting with a query string? is there something else i’m missing?

thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community