Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Downloadable Product Files Not Importing Using ‘Custom Bulk Product Import’

Rivaldawg

Total Posts:  3

Hopefully someone else has had this problem and can assist me.  I purchased ‘Custom Bulk Product Import’.  All of my products imported but unfortunately, I use downloadable products only and each product’s respective ‘download file’ is not connecting with the product. All of the downloadable zip files are uploaded to the proper folder (/media/import/) and the CSV file is correct so it could possibly be a permissions problem? 

If you manually add a downloadable product into Magento and upload a download file with it, Magento takes that file and creates a subfolder within /media/downloadable/files/links/ and places the file there (associating it with the product).  This is where my import is breaking down.  During import process, Magento sees the files in the Import Folder but does not or cannot associate/link them to the actual product.

Hopefully someone can help.  The maker of the script nor my hosting company doesn’t know what the permissions should be on any of the folders or files associated with this process.

Thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

benjaminrain

Total Posts:  4

Just wanted to say a big thank you for developing this beard!

This is something ive been looking for such a long time.

Great Job!

Magento Community
Magento Community

lanowen009

Total Posts:  2

Nice blog suggestion.thanks you!
Replica Louis Vuitton

Magento Community
Magento Community

eva1988

Total Posts:  4

Although I do not have this kind of problems,I hope someone could give you the right answer or suggestion to help you to solve your problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stay hungry,stay foolish
diablo 3 gold,diablo 3 items,buy diablo 3 gold

Magento Community
Magento Community

luisjerry87

Total Posts:  7

I had just print really long post and after I enter submit - post has disappeared.. I’m not going to do it again, just you can look this page to see how to perform bulk product import to Magento automatically here http://www.file2cart.com/video-tutorials

Magento Community
Magento Community

smileshine

Total Posts:  2

Nice post!
Pretty cool!
That was a great piece of information. Thanks for sharing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hardis

Total Posts:  1

Do you like games? If your answer is yes,then,what about join us,we can enjoy it together.
Here, we will give you an unexpected surprise!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community