Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Placing an order within admin panel; Custom Options problem

blainmmi

Total Posts:  6

I have products that have required custom options and they work fine on the front end, however if I attempt to create an order through the admin panel, it just displays a textarea with the option titles inside it and it does not affect the overall price.

What gives?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mitc0185

Total Posts:  21

I just ran into the same problem. I don’t see anything listed in the bug reports…

Magento Community
Magento Community

blainmmi

Total Posts:  6

Maybe it’s on a todo list?

Magento Community
Magento Community

miribota

Total Posts:  23

I’ve been working with custom options for admin orders recently and found that they do work (I’m running 1.1.6), but they are not intuitive at all and difficult to use.

I’ve run into things where I have to enter the custom option, hit the “Update Items and Qtys” button and then hit it again for the prices to take affect (though if I do submit the order without updating the second time the order does have the correct prices).  Also, if you are entering options for a checkbox or select item that you have specified, you must enter the option values exactly as you have the title listed for your values on that option.

i.e. if you have an option setup with a checkbox and the title for that option is “Add engraving to this order.” and you have a value with the title “Yes. Please add engraving to my order.” then your option in the text area should read:

Add engraving to this order.:YesPlease add engraving to my order.

Note, you should not use any commas in your value titles since if you have more than one checkbox option you separate your values with a comma.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hondaspeder

Total Posts:  29

I am having this same problem and the solution posted is not working for me.

Any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hearsay

Total Posts:  72

Just discovered this. Wow, this has got to be the least intuitive way to do this. I’ve noticed the custom options in the backend seem to be a new feature, so hopefully this isn’t their idea of a final solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community