Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Nav bar changed look once i moved the categories round, missing break line (strange)

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hello All

I purchased a template that i liked and started by adding some categories in the nav bar and it all look good, but then I moved some of the categories round from one place to anther and a strange thing happened, some of the middle break lines disappeared, I deleted all the categories and started again but still the break lines are missing, not sure if this is an error with the template or magento.

baby-gifts-store.com

Any advice would be great

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Hi,

I checked your site and found that by removing “background-image:url(../images/main_menu_bg.gif);” from the “ul.menu li a” class it fixed the problem. You can find the code by looking at the menu.css file located in the skin folder.

ul.menu li a {
background
-image:url(../images/main_menu_bg.gif); <--- remove this
background
-repeat:repeat-x;
border-right:1px solid #CCCCCC;
color:white;
margin-right:-3px;
padding:0.5em 1.5em;
text-decoration:none;
}

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

UK

Thank you for replying.

If I do remove that line would that not just make all the line break disappear, If so is they no way to keep the lines but fix the problem that some are missing?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

UK

Forget that, it does not, thank you for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community