Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal with eCheck creates invoice while payment is pending review! 

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I sell downloadable products on Magento 1.4.2.0 with PayPal Web Standards.

Today a customer paid with ‘eCheck’ and the payment status in Magento is correctly ‘Payment Review’. However, the invoice was created and the product made available for download. But the payment has not arrived yet.

PayPal quotes:

“eCheck estimated completion: 19.01.2011-21.01.2011. We recommend that you don’t ship items until you receive payment.”

Any suggestions how to handle this? Where to start with improving the code?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tylerdurden

Total Posts:  11

im having the same problem but can give any solution sorry :(.... im trying to figure it out too

it seems like a BIG bug to me, but im surprised i havnt found anything about it anywhere… (just this post).
It happens with every transaction that goes into payment review (and paypal is always monitoring all transactions and putting \’suspect\’ transactions under this state for 24 hours to \’research\’ on it, so the potential number of cases where this can happen is a lot higher than if it only was for echecks...)

nobody has any idea? cmon, i cant believe theres nobody out there thats not using magento+paypal+downloadable products… smile

btw, using magento comunity 1.4.1.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

benbob79

Total Posts:  9

I had a similar problem with OsCommerce marking items as paid via echeque and was defrauded of a couple of hundred pounds by a single user. You can disable echeque payments through your website preferences in paypal, it’s well worth doing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

work_it

Total Posts:  26

Hey all,

I have a different issue but they might be related. I use 1.5.0.1 and paypal and Download. Here is my post.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/223595/

I have yet to find one instance of this issue and need to get this figured out soon!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community