Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Free CSV Product Data Export Script

Aten Software

Total Posts:  11
Plymouth, MI

Here is a free (GPL) product data export script for Magento.  The script is open-source and written in PHP.

Free CSV Product Data Exporter for Magento

To install it, all you do is copy the script to your website.  You can specify a password to password-protect the data export.  The exported data is formatted as Excel-compatible, CSV (comma-separated value).  This script is specially designed for high-performance and low-memory usage, and it will compress output to save bandwidth.

After installing, open the page and then you can enter the password and select an export profile.  The raw data will start displaying in your web browser, and you can then save this to your computer.  You can copy the URL and use it where needed to dynamically get your latest product data (or other data) at any time.

The script uses the export profiles you have defined under Profiles / Import and Export / System / Magento Admin.

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially regarding compatibility with older versions of Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jonnyhawk00

Total Posts:  3

I am getting this error any thoughts?

Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home2/downrive/public_html/shopkayaks/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Parser/Product.php on line 472

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonnyhawk00

"The script uses the export profiles you have defined under Profiles / Import and Export / System / Magento Admin.”

I DID NOT DO THIS? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO TO DEFINE EXPORT PROFILES.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aten Software

Plymouth, MI

Thanks for trying out this script and sending your feedback!

When you view the script in your browser, if you see Export Profiles available to choose from, then you probably don’t need to create export profiles.  Magento comes with a built-in export profile for products, and you can just use that one.  What version of Magento are you using, out of curiosity?

The execution time error is a php.ini configuration setting.  I updated the script to override that setting when the script runs using a call to ini_set.  Please download the latest magento product listing export script from the website, and let me know if works for you now.

You can also change the execution time at the website/server, or folder level.  At the website/server level, change the

max_execution_time
setting in your php.ini file.  At the folder/directory level, create a .htaccess file containing the following code on a separate line:
php_value max_execution_time 120
The maximum execution time is defined in seconds.  I wouldn’t recommend setting it higher than a few minutes for a whole site/server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonnyhawk00

I see store ID set as 0. What is that exactly?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kamtechnology

Total Posts:  10
Delaware, USA

@humbads, It worked well except getting the profile Id. It always default to 1. Script is very good and made to work with Product profile. Thanks for the script.

Kamtech
www.kamtechco.net
Magento Extensions to increase your sales

Magento Community
Magento Community

tazgalsinh

Total Posts:  12

hi, im trying to use this script and have the following message:

ERROR: A blank password is not allowed. Edit this script and set a password.

Any advice?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aten Software

Plymouth, MI

If you are seeing “ERROR: A blank password is not allowed. Edit this script and set a password. “, that means no password has been defined in the script.  You have two options.

1. Go to the Magento Export Script Download Page and follow the instructions.  Make sure not to skip the step where it asks you to set a password.

2. Open the script in Notepad or Textpad.  Look for the line where it reads:

const PASSWORD '';
Enter your password between the quotes and save the file.

The script does not allow a blank password for security reasons.  You need to make up a password in order to secure the data export.  I recommend choosing a strong password.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlexBorn

Total Posts:  1

Hey guys!

Script looks perfect but I do have several questions:
1. Is it compatible with CE 1.7? I found information only about 1.6 version support.
2. Will it also work to transfer orders and customers? Or it will only work for products?
3. Does it support all types of products? I have a lot of configurable and customized products, would it still work or I will have to tweak it in order to make everything run properly?

I would also like to ask Magento community for some suggestions of an alternative way for data import. For instance, I found this extension http://www.commerceextensions.com/magento-product-import-export.html
and this service http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/provided-services/#cart_2_csv
Are there any other suggestions or feedback about these options?

Thank in advance =)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aten Software

Plymouth, MI

In response to AlexBorn’s questions:

1. Yes, the script supports CE 1.7.

2. It does not export orders or customers.  It is only for product export.

3. It supports all types of products: simple, configurable, customizable, etc.

If you have product variations by size/color, then all the data is in the export, but some additional data massaging may be needed to make it compatible with shopping engines.  This is typically custom to a specific store, so we offer it as an additional service.

We added export options recently to include disabled items or exclude out-of-stock items from the export.

Download Magento Product Data Exporter Script

Magento Community
Magento Community

specialdevs

Total Posts:  5

I’ve tried it.. and I’ve some questions

• Why there’s no categories in the csv file? instead there’s a json_categories row? What’s the need of that? Magento doesn’t even read that.
• What is the need from all the aten_ rows? Example: those with additional images info (aten_additional_image_value_id)? When imported into magento those fields aren’t even taken in consideration.

for the rest it’s working fine!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community