Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding Pics and Product Info

boostdelinquent

Total Posts:  1

Is there a way to select a group of products and add the product pictures and information to all of them at once instead of having to go through and add it for each individual product? For example if I have 5 products that I can use the same picture and product info for, is there a way to select the 5 products and do it all at once? As it is right now, I have over 30,000 products on my site from when my web developer uploaded my pricing sheets, but none of them have pics and info other than the products I have done individually which is taking forever.

I’m just starting out w/ my company and don’t have the budget to pay someone else to do this so it’d be very helpful if there’s a way for me to do it myself. If anyone can offer me some tips I’d greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kattoo

Total Posts:  14
Belgium

The best way to do that is to use the import/export possibilities of standard Magento. Just copy/paste all repeated information in the file and import is.
For your pictures you have to put them all in the folder \’media/import\’. In the import file write /image.jpg (don\’t forget the /)

Kind Regards

Kattoo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community