Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Adding links to top menu

samsoom

Total Posts:  2

Hi;

I guess the following workaround is great:
http://go.magento.com/support/kb/entry/name/adding-page-links-in-the-navigation-bar/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DamonT

Total Posts:  153

I know this is an older post, but just uf there are anyone else who needs this, here is the code to add links to top.phtml

<a href="<?php echo $this->geturl('CMS PAGE IDENTIFIER') ?>">
<?php echo $this->__('About Us')?></a>

**needles to say, but CMS PAGE IDENTIFIER is to be changed out with your page identifier.

-Damon Tavangar
OCwebs.net

Magento Community
Magento Community

muk_t

Total Posts:  226

chiefair - 31 October 2010 10:15 AM

For 1.4.1.1

For enabling dynamic top menu and navigation elements, instead of disabling the BLOCK_HTML cache, disable caching of the block element altogether.

Find /app/code/core/local/Mage/Catalog/Block/Navigation.php and save it to your local code store.

Look for the _construct() code block

protected function _construct()

{
        $this
->addData(array(

'cache_lifetime'    => false,

'cache_tags'        => array(Mage_Catalog_Model_Category::CACHE_TAGMage_Core_Model_Store_Group::CACHE_TAG),
        )); 

}

And comment out the CACHE_TAG stuff as follows:
protected function _construct()

{

/*    $this->addData(array(
            'cache_lifetime'    => false,
            'cache_tags'        => array(Mage_Catalog_Model_Category::CACHE_TAG, Mage_Core_Model_Store_Group::CACHE_TAG),
        )); */

}

This should force Magento to create a fresh version of Catalog_Block_Navigation each time page reload occurs, allowing you to use Block HTML caching and getting back some speed while enabling the fancy stuff.

EDIT: A more sophisticated and fully modularized way of doing this cache prevention over here

Please suggest me some solution for magento enterprise edition 1.12.0.0.Your solution is not working for me.
Thanks

Issue Resolved thanks I needed to make changes in correct file
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Technoduce

Total Posts:  19

cwsites - 24 December 2008 01:55 PM

It worked for me, I would say to make sure that your

getUrl('contacts')
is pointed at the right page and that it’s enabled. I know by default the contact us page is “contacts” not “contactus”

Not sure about the others.

Yup. I did what you said. It is working very fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi there,

Check this extension http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-advanced-menu-manager-pro.html. Is the best choice. It has the more options and very flexible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Check this extension http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-advanced-menu-manager-pro.html. Is the best choice. It has the more options and very flexible.

Magento Community
Magento Community

muk_t

Total Posts:  226

@Mirasvit

Nice extension.when I will have a requirement from client like this kind of menu I will definitely like to use this.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Hello,

You can do it easily using Menu Manager Pro, this extension simplifies the creation of menus of different types with different structure significantly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aklabi

Total Posts:  2

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/adding-page-links-in-the-navigation-bar

Magento Community
Magento Community

vimalparihar

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

Above Help Is Great.

You Can also get help from below url :

http://www.webslike.com/Thread-How-To-make-Custom-Top-Category-Menu-Till-3-Levels-In-Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello, you can also have a look at Flexible Menu extension. It allows you to add links to top navigation as well as to sidebar and bottom menu blocks. You will also be able to style the menu blocks according to your requirements.

Hope that helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2