Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Per-Site Translations

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

We plan to have multiple sites running on one magento installation.  On a product page, where it says ‘Additional Information’, we want 2 different phrases for that heading—“Technical Specifications” on one, ‘Additional Information’ on another.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?  Translation file and somehow have an en_US set up for each site (please explain how ..) or should I just change the text in the template on the ‘Technical Specifications’ site?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Greenville, TX

Nobody has any help or suggestions on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

hero

Total Posts:  33

change the values in the CSV locale file.
app\locale\en_US
there you will have to a quick search on your value..

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Greenville, TX

Yeah, I know about that, but that will change it system wide for en_US, right?

How do I have two en_US sites with 2 separate translations for ‘Add to Wishlist’, for instance.  Or ‘Additional Information’ on one, and ‘Technical Specifications’ on another site.

It’s looking like I’ll just have to change it in the template .. just wanted to check to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Greenville, TX

Found my answer in this thread:

app/design/frontend/ABC/DEF/locale/en_us/translate.csv (replacing ABC and DEF based on your theme)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community