Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Table Rate Shipping not appearing at checkout after upgrade to 1.4.2.0

joshwand

Total Posts:  3

After upgrading from 1.4.0.1 (production) to 1.4.2.0 on my dev server, my table rate shipping method no longer appears at checkout (my other methods - flat rate and minerva multiple flat rates, appear fine as they do in production)

It is enabled at the global level and at the site level, and I have entered a zipcode that worked before and is eligible.

I have tried flushing caches and rebuilding indices, as well as disabling/enabling and reuploading tablerates.csv.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this or how to debug it?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

Check the table shipping_tablerate in phpmyadmin to make sure there is data within it.  If there is then it’s either not calling the tablerate code or it’s not matching on the criteria. You can go into Mage/Shipping/Carrier/… to see the codebase and put some logs in to see whats actually happening.

Or you could go for the Matrixrate extension which is free on Magento Connect and offers multiple tablerate based shipping.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshwand

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Via debugging I determined that the problem isn’t that table rate isn’t showing up for eligible shipments, it’s that

a) it requires the user to select the state, not just enter zip code (since my table rates are state-based)
and
b) it’s no longer showing the error message for ineligible states / zips.

For a) I suppose I will have to go get a listing of all the zipcodes in the states I service… or I can figure out a way to make State required.

and for b) I will have to go digging in the templates to find why that’s not happening.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joshwand

Solved problem b) with the following patch:

--- a/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Carrier/Tablerate.php
+++ b/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Carrier/Tablerate.php
@@ -130,+130,13 @@ class Mage_Shipping_Model_Carrier_Tablerate
             $method
->setCost($rate['cost']);

$result->append($method);
+        
else {
+          $error Mage::getModel('shipping/rate_result_error');
+           
$error->setCarrier($this->_code);
+           
$error->setCarrierTitle($this->getConfigData('title'));
+           
$errorMsg $this->getConfigData('specificerrmsg');
+           
$error->setErrorMessage($errorMsg?$errorMsg:Mage::helper('shipping')->__('Your order is not eligible for this shipping method. Please choose another method.'));
+           return 
$error;

}

return $result;

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community