Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No Sample Data Installed

chaddro

Total Posts:  25

I have installed the FULL version from the download area (50meg or so) up to a php5 enabled site with pdo_mysql working. Installation routine seems to finish without error.

However, no matter what I try, I cannot get the sample data and categories to load into the databases or show in the store.

Getting really frustrated, hope someone can point me in the right directions.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi chadderuski,

Could you PM me or post here a link to your Magento installation ?

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Chadd,

Please make sure that you uploaded the full package to your server (as you said above). I do see a light package (and not a full one) at the link you PMed me. The light package contains only 1 simple product and no categories.

I created one category, made it active, assign that only product to it - now it is shown on the frontend.

Thank you,
Michael.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaddro

Total Posts:  25

Michael,

Well, I think I finally got it working. I re-uploaded everything to a fresh directory.

After several install errors I think it’s working.

I had sever internal server 500 errors, and an odd mysql error. I actually reran the install routine 4 times before it took. php.ini is set to 32meg for memory, 60sec timeout and 60sec execution. This is on a Bluehost server (shared).

Thanks for taking a look.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community