Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mini Search results not displaying

dvreeke

Total Posts:  6

Recently, the mini search on our website doesn\’t work anymore. It used to work but due to some reason it stopped working. Could anyone point me in the right direction to solve this issue?

Problem description
The mini search is not displaying any search results (no results found message is displayed). The strange thing is that advanced search is working fine. Furthermore, on the mini search result page I can see that layered navigation (the box on the left) is working fine!

So the keyword is definitely processed by Magento (since the layered navigation is working and adapting to the keyword) but something goes wrong when it should display the results (since it displays the no results found message). See attached image.

I installed TF-Autocomplete plugin, which also works fine with the mini search. What is going wrong?

Things I tried
- http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27237/ (indexing works fine)
- I updated my layout (both xml and phtml-files) for the catalogsearch

Image Attachments
mini-search-no-results.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TheRoman

Total Posts:  2
Rotterdam

This topic contains the answer:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/178347/P15/

app/code/core/Mage/CatalogSearch/Block/Result.php

Uncomment the line 149 and 150

//        $this->getListBlock()
//           ->setCollection($this->_getProductCollection());
to
$this->getListBlock()
           ->
setCollection($this->_getProductCollection());
Change line 172
$this->_productCollection $this->getListBlock()->getLoadedProductCollection();
to the old code from Version 1.4.1.1
$this->_productCollection Mage::getSingleton(\'catalogsearch/layer\')->getProductCollection();

Magento Community
Magento Community

dvreeke

Total Posts:  6

Works like a charm!

Can anyone tell me if this is a Magento bug, or if this has to do with my plugins/layout? I don’t want to correct this after every update or be dependent on a solution like code/local/....

Magento Community
Magento Community

C4rter

Total Posts:  43

Before changing the core, check in catalogsearch.xml if this block is active:

<reference name="left">
<
block type="catalogsearch/layer" name="catalogsearch.leftnav" after="currency" template="catalog/layer/view.phtml"/>
</
reference>
If the block isn’t there or is commented out, this is causing the problem.
It HAS to be there

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello,

In fact, default search is not perfect. Very often a user doesn’t find what he was looking for and leaves the store. Good decision is to integrate the Sphinx search engine. It greatly improves the quality and relevance of search results. Look at Sphinx Search Ultimate

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community